Friday, August 19, 2022

Omelette Failure


 So I saw this online - sorry, don’t know who to give credit to.

Anyway, I don’t make quite a mess such as this but have never made a perfectly presentable omelette.
My son is a red seal chef and when he visits, it’s such a treat to be served a perfected “constructed” omelette.
I stand by as he works and it looks just sooo easy - but it’s not easy for me!
My breakfast specialties will continue to be of an oven nature - much more successful!

This is our favourite oven omelette:
8 slices of bacon cooked til crisp
1/4 cup green onion - sliced
3/4 cups seeded, diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp flour
Salt and pepper
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/4 cup cheddar - shredded
1 Tbsp Parmesan
Method:
Sprinkle four and salt over the tomatoes. Toss lightly.
Beat eggs and milk: add vegetable mixture, 1 cup Cheddar and cooked bacon.

Pour into 8’ x 8” glass pan
Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar over.
***let stand 5-10 minutes ***



2 comments:

Mevely317 said...

This sounds delicious, Jean. I love making omelets and don't much care for the way they look. Wouldn't it be great if we could eat all our mistakes?

JeanMac said...

So good to hear from you -I lost all my blogger friends’ addresses so will slowly collect them again. Will go to your blog now - don’t think I blogged since Wayne passed.