Thursday, February 8, 2007

"Word Games" - Cachet

Life doesn't get much more exciting than this - I like to think of a word and make as many other words from it as possible. My Mom and I use to do this - we'd choose a word and try to beat the other with our list. Once had all we could, we'd fax our list to each other. It's amazing how many words you can make from some rather short, "few letter" words.

My choice today for my loyal reader is: cachet which means:mark, stamp or mark of authenticity, distinction.

My answers are a few lines down - see if you can beat me!


chat, hat, at, cat, tea, heat, hate,cache, teach, each, cheat, eat,the.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

can't beat you, but here's 3.hatch, ate,etch.

JeanMac said...

How could I miss ate? Your other 2 are very good! Darn!

P.A.N.D.A. said...

As a lover of sporty cars ...(especially those fast, low, British jobs of my by-gone days)...how about 'tach'? No?? OK, so it's a stretch, BUT, that is an important word in 'my world'. I use the tach' to determine my speed almost always, rarely the odometer(or should that be od'?) Maybe not such a good idea for road sense, but keeps the VW at peak performance! *grin*

JeanMac said...

Oui, tach would be a word we missed - another "darn"!