Sunday, May 20, 2007

Unrewarded Honesty

Another day given - it's kind of a pretty purple/pink sky as storms are hovering - feel sorry for all the holiday weekend "get togethers" if it rains.

We have a very quiet day planned - actually no plans.

Yesterday, Shirl and I were reminiscing about losing my wallet with over $794. cash in it. (In '74, that was my monthly pay cheque.) It fell from my bag during a rest stop at Field.

Months later, I received a package from the Field RCMP with my wallet intact. I called to see who found it to give a reward - some fellow with the Highways Dept. Phoned them and was told it was "his duty" to turn it over to RCMP. Uh, maybe, but it had a wad of cash - yup, still his duty!

So, to the wonderful employee who returned my wallet, thanks! I am so sorry I couldn't get your name and reward you - you must think I'm a real piker.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Now THAT is a great story!