Monday, May 14, 2007

What's in Your Handbag?


Yesterday I asked Hon to carry my handbag into the house. He used two hands with great exaggeration and staggered in with it - that smile on his face as he did so.

Well, I usually keep it pretty well pared down due to it's lack of size but it was heavy - I had collected a lot of loonies, toonies and quarters to spend asap.

Anyway, here goes: (with no editing of info)
lipstick, Tums, lip balm
cell phone, pen, notebk, stamps, 2 blank cheques, extra keys
new and expired(~) lottery tickets!
my faithful leather wallet from 1974! (another post)
addresses, etc. printed from my computer
Sunglasses and 2 tissues (unused, ha,ha)
My ziplock baggie of coins! (another post)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, ASK RAY!) I carry a Tide pen, alcohol soap, hand cream, lip balm, notebook, pens, kleenex, wallet, assorted candies (hubby is borderline diabetic), lipstick, comb, keys,
and the usual assortment of loose
change at the bottom of the purse,
the airport screeners must just kill themselves laughing...oh
most times a needle and thread kit
as well.....

Anonymous said...

Did I miss dinner????????
Thought everyone was coming to my
place for appetizers?

Unknown said...

I hope I didn't miss dinner. Here's my favorite salad:

Cabbage Noodle Salad.
1/2 a medium sized cabbage (or as I do a small bag of precut cabbage)
6 or 8 green onions sliced
Sliced celery (optional)
8 Tbs. sliced Almonds, toasted.
8 Tbs. sesame seeds, toasted.
1 Pkg. Noodles (the instant ones that the kids all like to eat just the way they are)Break noodles up a bit.

Dressing: 6 Tbs. Vinegar
4 Tbs. white sugar
1/3 cup oil (I use
canola)
Salt and Pepper
Seasoning Packet from
noodles
Soya Sauce if wanted.
I put a bit in.
Shake dressing in a jar.

Stir all together , reserving some of the nuts and seeds for the top. If you're making it ahead of time, leave the nuts, seeds and noodles until serving time.

JeanMac said...

No- I forgot the time change!!! I will post my recipe now! How embarrassing.