Saturday, February 16, 2008

Witnesses

So my sis treated me to an afternoon out and lunch on Wednesday.

As we were ready to leave the restaurant, a fellow about 45 flew out the door, young server close on his heels. "Open your knapsack!"

"No!!!"



"You stole a bottle of wine, open your sack!"

He hopped on a bike and was gone with the wind.

All this transpired in about 15 seconds. All I could think of is "Get a description." They were calling 911 as he rode away.

Guess what I noticed most? He had rolled work grey socks down over his boots!

Poor cops!

4 comments:

smilnsigh said...

But! Put what you noticed... together with what others noticed... and they just may have a pretty good description.

What I'd like to know is, from where did he steal a bottle of wine, in a restaurant? Isn't that stuff kept behind the bar? Or at least, not out where the patrons walk by the wine supply...?

And as to pics of my painted bathroom... I think you asked for them... But maybe not. ,-0 Yeah, what a memory I have! ,-0.

Anyway, I tried and I can't get a true pic of the pretty color. Couldn't get one of the awful bright first choice either. Guess it's too tiny a powder room. {It IS tiny!} And ... well... the photos don't show it well. Front Room photos are a lot closer to the real thing.

So, I give up on powder room pics. :-(

Mari-Nanci

JeanMac said...

Thanks for trying to get the pic! He walked to the mens' washroom and as he came out, passed the bar area - I guess he was able to reach a bottle as he flew by.It was a White Sp*t restaurant.

Kim said...

Getting together w/ a sibling is always nice~ glad you enjoyed her company. Sounds like it was an ENTERESTING day! glad your okay.

Trish said...

Oh my!!!! What an adventure!