Friday, April 18, 2008

Hockey Schmockey & This 'n That!

I love hockey but I'm all worn out from watching the Dallas/Anaheim game. Mercy, that goalie drives me crazy how he wanders - similar to Patrick Roy's old tricks. I was cheering for Anaheim so didn't really care but his coach must be a wreck tonight.

Missing Dad tonight - he was an avid fan and often I'd go to his place and catch a game. I remember in 03, he and I were watching the final game for the Cup. His neighbor (a non-hockey fan) came to chat. We muted the game and visited but I wondered at the time if I had missed the last third period of hockey I'd ever get to see with Dad. As it turns out, we watched the 04 series - he passed away in May 05 so none of us were watching anything that year.

On another note, Dad really admired the lady hockey players - when they took gold, he said, "You know, they are as good as the men." I nearly fell off the chair.

Happiness is a call from Nova Scotia today. Our friends want us to go down for a visit - it's doable as far a schedules, etc. but I'm not sure about the trip. Our last flight in 09/04 was a bit trying. I have to think about it and talk to our docs and our sons.

Nighty, night.

2 comments:

smilnsigh said...

I hope the little holiday will be doable...

M-N

smilnsigh said...

Thank you much for taking the time to comment on my blog entry. I'm so happy to have differing people's opinions on this blogging issue.

Mari-Nanci