Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Left Lane Looney


So I darted into the elevator, hand over my nose as if a sneeze could happen at any moment. Looking like Rudolph, the white nose reindeer, I hopped into the car. You see, my nose had a very conspicuous patch of white ointment on it following minor "repairs". He said to wiggle my nose around on the drive home to "work" the med in and also to keep my poor schnoz from getting too sore when the blissful freezing wore off. (Another story!)

I cruised up to a red light, concentrating on my nose aerobics. Looked over at the driver to my left - our eyes met and there was a look of shock (for sure), horror and a faint smile which I read to mean"I can't believe what I'm seeing" - for seconds I had forgotten I was doing nose aerobics.

Although dying inside, I smiled my sexiest old lady smile and roared off. Blissfully, the light had turned green.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Hilarious! Hope is your nose is feeling better after it's big adventure!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there JeanMac! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome. I've enjoyed my visit here too.

Hugs!
Kat