Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Shake my Head in Wonder - - -


So, Steve Fossett's light aircraft has been found in the rugged mountains.

If there can be peace for his family and wife, Peggy, I hope this helps. Read some very cruel and cutting comments suggesting he "disappeared". Hopefully not, but could we let this family deal with the new, raw grief - just for a bit?

My dear man was a pilot and he knew the mountains waited to snatch their next victim - there is no forgiveness - flying a plane into a chunk of granite.

Often times the 4 of us would be ready to fly out on a day trip, he'd check the weather and cancel our trip. My face would be the longest but sure enough, a system was moving in and I soon realized he knew when to go but more importantly, when not to. Thanks for keeping us safe, Sweetheart.

3 comments:

Granny Annie said...

and now you keep him safe:-)

JeanMac said...

Aw, thanks, Granny Annie, I've never thought of it that way.

Jeanne said...

Love and hugs to you