Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Reminiscing on Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to "all" my readers.
Was just thinking about our first Valentine date way back in 1964 (we had met near the end of January) - my love came to the house to take me out for dinner - as I walked to his car, he slipped a card and beautiful, heart shaped box of chocolates on the entry table. Just as I stepped into the car, Mom called me back - said Dr. Doolittle was on the phone. My boss. When I got to the entry, turns out she was just excited about my surprise gift - which now wasn't. At the time I was pretty annoyed but didn't let on to her or my love. To this day he doesn't know Mom "told". So this has become a memory of Mom and a cute one for me to remember her on a special day. Anyone who knew Mom will know it's something she would have done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Happy Valentines Day",

I remember well, Mom just could not keep a secret. Often my better half would phone her when he was going through there city and have a chat, on his way home from a long trip.As soon as she hung up the phone, she would call me, to remind me to dust with pledge.
We would have agood laugh.

JeanMac said...

As Martha would say, "And that's a good thing".