Tuesday, May 22, 2007

In a Funk - - -


The mind is a powerful thing - today mine is playing games on me. I'm in a funk and don't know why. We had a lovely day. Deposited the camper/truck money, shopped Wal-Mart. Bought asparagus there and 3 more heliotrope, etc. Then off to White Spot for a lovely turkey sandwich with my Hon. After 42 years we still enjoy each other's company - we lingered over coffee and huge tumblers of icy water. How nice.

Safeway called after that - we had a large order as have N&D coming tomorrow for a few days! I love to shop for food or anything. Not so crazy about putting it all away when I get home- why is that?

Several wonderful phone calls later it's time for dinner. We "dined" on potatoes, wieners (!), coleslaw, fresh tomato and beans. This luxury dinner was because the Ducks were playing and I had to sit down with my plate of wienies and concentrate on the game. (I kind of coach along with Randy Carlyle).

Well, maybe I feel better having talked about it!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Sounds like a good day, but then again, any day that we get to be with the people we love is a good day! I'm glad you guys enjoyed a nice lunch together -- how sweet!

Anonymous said...

days like this will help keep your
hubby alert and looking forward to
other outings....Beautiful to see
how the two of you enjoy each other's company.