Friday, June 15, 2007

A Fine Line Between Ability and Disability



So my Hon is no longer able to figure out how to reheat a mug of coffee. I'm not sure when he lost this ability as usually I would be doing this. Today I was in the garden and he went into the house to heat us each a coffee. After too long, went in and asked if I could help. He was quite frustrated and said, "I don't know how to run this thing." (the microwave)

Opening the door I saw he had the whole glass coffee pot in there. Luckily all was Ok but it's another step. Feel badly as he had also plugged in another pot (empty) trying to heat coffee.

If you are wondering why I would let him go in to get coffee, it's because he wanted to help. There's such a fine line between his ability and disability.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean, you did the right thing, besides you were not that far away.
He, believe it or not also wants
the independence, despite his
growing frustrations. Next week,
he may remember again. You are a
truly wonderful wife and caregiver.

JeanMac said...

Thanks.