Thursday, June 26, 2008
Years ago, Wayne always cut Buddy's nails, then help with Robin and finally I was (honored) to do it.
Well, the cat saw me coming for a country mile - and he can count, too!
It's a ritual only a cat could demand and I cave because otherwise, it wouldn't get done. He set the rules - I follow.
(1) Get clippers and let cat smell them, rub on them and then have his chin rubbed with them
(2) Set cat on my lap, back to me, all the while telling him what a good boy he is (not)
(3) Clip one nail, "Good boy, Buddy, you're a good boy." To self, rotten cat:)
(4) After nail #5 on first paw, I get up and he follows me, at his pace, tail held high (I have her wrapped around my little finger, uh, paw). 5 snacks are plopped in his bowl.
(5) On to the second paw - and so it goes till all nails are done - he sits smiling in the corner thinking up another game to pull on me.