Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Easter Egg


I've mentioned before, we live in a rural area with houses down one side of our road. There's never any action - almost never.

Our local newspaper designated our route "rural" so won't deliver said paper to our step - we need a box at the end of the driveway.

This morn I looked out as far as I could see in either direction, coast was clear. Jumped into my gardening clogs, threw my purple jacket over my yellow jammies and ran like the wind - straight into the arms of 4 charming, well dressed women, "out for a walk, right". Well, they were not in PJ's so that's well dressed in my world.

"Hiiiiiiiiiii," they said as they checked me over. "We've never met you before (so let's prolong this agony a bit for you). Also, maybe others will come along and see you, too. I'm Sandi, this is Fluffy, Mitzi and PJ, oops, sorry, but that is her name."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Humiliated."

I walked toward the door in, praying I'd not trip on a hose or something. Looked down at my yellow Capris, with popcorn design material - doesn't get any more awful than this - I don't even want to read the paper now.

Then I remembered! "I bought these in Vegas. they're White Stag, you know!" They couldn't hear over the chuckles.

2 comments:

Bear Naked said...

You were right in style my dear.
Last week at the grocery store a young 20something was nonchantly doing her shopping in her flannel pj bottoms that were dangerously close to falling off.
And yes I did see serious butt crack when she bent over.

Bear((( )))

Ruth said...

lol...I take chances in my PJs too, scanning the street before running the dog out or getting the paper. Oh well!