Sunday, December 14, 2008

We Welcomed Winter - - -

Did we ever get a snow storm overnight Friday. Got up to 10" of snow with drifts piled against our front door. The wind even drove snow so hard it covered our 9' wreath in the entry.

Scritch, scritch, scritch - our precious neighbor was out clearing our drive again. So, we both dressed and helped.

Weren't quite done when our guests arrived - so he helped with the last few scoops of snow - just looked out and guess what - we'll need to shovel this morn.

4 comments:

Cheryl Nichols said...

OOOOOhhhh sounds REAL COLD.. I'm glad to be back home from Cold Colorado. I can't imagine. My SIL is from Canada and laughs at me all the time. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family. I always smile when I think of you. Isn't that funny...I don't know you but God seems to bring you to mind often.I pray you have a Merry Christmas. Cheryl

JeanMac said...

Hi Cheryl,
It's to be minus 20 tonight- rare for here.
Isn't blogging just the best - any prayers are welcome as we wing our way thru this journey.Merry Christmas to you and your family, too. Love Jean

Jeanne said...

Oh I am glad we have fairly mild winters.
Love you
Jeanne

JeanMac said...

Hi Jeanne - it's only minus 15 this morn - we lucked out:)