Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Phew!

LONDON, England (CNN) -- New technology that can "see" through clothing and detect what's underneath can now be used to scan crowds, making it a potentially effective tool to prevent terrorist attacks in public places.

art.CAMERA.CLOTHES.jpg

The camera can see through people's clothes from up to 25 meters away, detecting objects.

The ThruVision T5000 camera picks up Terahertz rays, or T-rays, which are naturally emitted by all objects and can pass through fabric or even walls.

The camera can then image metallic and non-metallic objects hidden under clothing on still or moving subjects without revealing any body detail, according to its British manufacturer, ThruVision Limited.



***The sheer terror (pardon the pun) would be for the viewer of my body - then I read "it can't reveal the actual body", ha, ha.

I laughed and laughed - the teror of an operator viewing my body ~

3 comments:

Kim said...

I couldn't help but chuckle myself!! Could you imagine how many operaters would run screaming if given those detail? I'm all for it otherwise.

JeanMac said...

Funny, eh? I totally agree with the concept for security but it tickled me in a perve*ted sort of way.

smilnsigh said...

I just laugh too!!! Oh the *joy* of seeing my old bod!!! NOT! -giggles-

M-N